Sandia National Laboratories is hosting the “Enabling Advanced Power Electronics Technologies for the Next Generation Electric Utility Grid” workshop at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town July 17-18. Participants from government agencies, national laboratories, industry, and universities will meet to gain a broader understanding of power electronics R&D needs—from materials to systems—for the next generation electric utility grid. The workshop includes the following sessions:
- Session 1: What does the electric utility grid look like if power electronics is readily available?
- Session 2: What is the state-of-the-art of power electronics today?
- Session 3: What components are needed to achieve the outcome of Session 1?
- Session 4: What power electronics topologies are needed to achieve the outcome of Session 1?
- Session 5: What is the role of power electronics to make the grid smarter?
- Session 6: What is the role of grid power electronics in regards to economics, standards, and safety considerations?
Sandia National Laboratories