Work with industry to define common framework to represent grid services and develop standardized Energy Storage Initiative (ESI) specification to simplify Distributed Energy Resources (DER) integration.
- Activating DERs at scale requires simplified interaction with the grid.
- ESI standard simplifies DER integration, making DER systems more reliable and affordable.
- Common grid service representations and ESI specification will increase amount and speed of DER integration and reduce overall system costs.
- Define common framework to represent grid services
- Develop standardized ESI specification to simplify DER integration
- Quantify effect of diverse DER fleets on the bulk power system