Over 3 years, this project will deliver in-depth technical assistance (TA) to 10-20 state public utility commissions (PUCs) for 1-2 year durations on any topic that can meaningfully and substantively support their grid modernization or energy infrastructure initiatives using a proactive-annual solicitation process. Identify state TA proposals that can either be delivered by this Lab team or redirected to another Topic 4.2 project that more narrowly focuses on the specific technologies, concepts, resources, or tools being requested.
- Execute annual solicitation process to engage more states and allow them to compete for the delivery of TA
- Help state regulators address a wide array of institutional challenges associated with the myriad interconnected activities being pursuing to modernize their grid, achieve increases in grid reliability/resiliency, and improve customer engagement
- Create stronger connections among other GMLC Topic 4.2 projects by sharing resources and/or redirecting TA activities to the project that can best meet the TA need
- Deliver TA to 10-20 states for 1-2 year engagements over 3 years
- Develop strong cross-Lab teams to deliver TA on all topics included in GMLC MYPP
- Support PUCs through deliverables/products which can include: workshops, facilitated dialogues, supporting analysis, technical review memos
- Convert subset of deliverables for dissemination and consumption by broader national audience